Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Puddle Perspective


As I stare into this water puddle
A wisp, a shadow of the familiar
Surfaces, wavering...

Life is strange ain't it?
The reflected realm resonates purpose
And design for which differs
Creating an urge to view a different perspective...

I could see right up,
Rather I choose to see in this little puddle,
I choose so, to make it upside down,
To see that am not always right,
To know that there is always another side of life,
An understanding which I wish I had understood...

Gazing into this strange reflection,
I see images beckoning, calling
Unable to drown this deep dejection...
Yet I stare... useless, meaningless
I vent my mind...

Looking at this water...
Which thought all it had was the power of reflecton,
It never knew it's hidden power: the power of perfection...
A true reflection... and another perspective...


© Ubaid Ullah Ahmed

11 Critics:

reflections are perfect!
beautiful.....
What great stirring colors to thought upon.
Pic n these words jst go together Perfectly!
=]

@Xnb:
Yes they are...

Thank you, and well go deep in the picture! You'll even think more...

Am honored by your comment...

amazing photpgrahy ubaid ! its brilliant how u have captured this simple scene from a rainy day and through it reflected perspectives

Thank you mubi, conceptual is my cup of tea and am best when am gloomy

it's a beautiful poemmmmmmmmmm

hey...

u observe things till the depth of it..
how could someone write such beautiful stuff for a water puddle...amazing man..hats off..

u truly are a poet...

Am not a poet, nor a writer, I just put my heart in words nothing else...

love the poem as well the capture...
z it ur writing????

@I have no identity:
thank you so much :)

and yes it is my writing :)