Sunday, March 28, 2010

Six Degrees of Seperation

The story of my six degrees of separation started when I opened my eyes in this world. Survival being the biggest challenge I face every day.


The first degree of my sufferings was separation from my childhood. Being born in a rag hut meant a life of destitute and disability.


Second degree of separation is my deprivation and hunger. Every day the first and foremost challenge I wake up to is my starvation. I leave home in search of food to fill up my ever starved stomach and of my family’s. Sometimes I have to beg you just for food to satiate my starvation.


This leads on to the third degree of my sufferings, separation from my ego.
Though sometimes I wish, hiding my face away would make my reality disappear or transform.



Fourth degree of my sufferings, leads on to my separation from the society. I will never be termed as an honorable member of the society. So I feel liberated, and take pleasure in only pleasing my own self as and how I desire.


Fifth degree of my sufferings is my separation from a life of leisure and luxury. Hard work is the keyword in my survival challenge.



Sixth degree is my separation from a life of fulfillment and individuality. But this never stops me from sharing a laughter around with my friends and family.



All worn out and bare feet, I stand on the ground with my eyes full of dreams and my soul full of yearning. I’m yearning for a glimpse of compassion, a comforting pat of unselfishness, to bring me the hope of living another day, to SURVIVE this insane separation.

12 Critics:

Amazing!
Do tell us when the exhibit is up :)
Wish you the very best.

@Ugly:
thanks for commenting dude :)

@Only one:
Exhibition is already over

Thank you for wishing luck :)

Honestly i was waiting for your comment :)

Likes??

love it the concepts great..pics are deep and its touching nice work man

omg....

i mean... you definitely nailed it.... this is one of the best pieces i've seen and read on child poverty

kuddos!!!!
bravo!!!

(i really had tears in my eyes as i read this one!)

@Altamash:
Thanks boi, i thought of going to the next level of photography with this thing :)

@Sunshine:
Thank you, and it's actually not on child poverty it's on life itself and its about how careless we are that we don't consider them humans and help them out....

But yeah child poverty a main aspect in it....

Thanks a lot, am honored :)